"In all things be passionate"


Email : free_spirit07@hotmail.com

Click on thumbnails for larger image
Lighter etc.
  collection
made in .......
Lighters made in
Germany
Heavy "KW" fluid pocket lighter made in Germany with unusual semi-automatic mechanism
Fluid table lighter with the world map on it (& New Zealand & Antarctica missing!)
The DRP stamp signifies it has the German empire patent
Airflam - a lighter with no moving parts!! c. 1952 - a  methanol lighter with a platinum catalyst. When the lid is removed exposing it to air a nearly invisible flame is produced
Looking into the lighter - showing the 2 different metals - the W shaped silver coloured piece & the black ball
The label on the "Colombia spirits" bottle & the paperwork
Fluid lamp table lighter
Ideal ,West Germany 
"Globus Tip 53" fluid table lighter with the world map on it (& New Zealand & Antarctica missing!), c. late 1950's 
Fluid pocket lighter with unusual semi-automatic mechanism, 47mm tall
K.W. - KW / Karl Wieden from Solingen produced lighters from 1905 to 1980
MEB, pre World War 1
Zunder 1000, 1935, 48 mm tall semi automatic with beautifully engineered mechanism. Zunder 1000 translates as 1000 Sparks. Pat'd in 1932
2 650G table lighters, 72mm tall x 85mm wide
c. 1946 "Kay-Ess K33 Continental" (formerly "Sophisticate" as per red stamp in 1st pic) fluid ?? pocket lighter with unusual semi-automatic mechanism. Mechanism operated by pushing down nob on the side. This one is stamped Kaschie suggesting it was from the brandname changeover period. 5cms tall
Enamelled & engraved fluid table lighter, 8cms tall
Mylflam fluid table lighter, 75 mm tall,
c.1955
Weltzunder (made by the Kremer & Bayer company). post WW2 fluid table lighter , 180 mm tall -  virtually identical (except for the height) to Knights marked by Negbaur & Hamilton in the US (?? fabricated by Kremer & Bayer for them during the US post war occupation)
Augusta semi-automatic table lighter with beautifully engineered mechanism - when the lighter is lifted  the heavy mechanism & base fall with gravity causing it to open & strike (62mm tall closed, 76mm open).
Augusta automatic pocket lighter, 35 mm tall
Kaschie / Kay-Ess Karl Schnieder from Nuremberg, West-Germany, 1919 to c. 1965.  The company name changed from Kaschie to Kay-Ess at the end of WW2
HW/Hahway Imperator from Bavaria - fluid pocket lighter (pat'd late 1910) with a similar geared fitment to the early Thorens lighters.
The HW company was started by  G. Friedrich Hoffmann and Nikolaus Wild in the early 1900s & was better known for their vacuum cleaners. They also produced torches for mililtary until the 1960s
Kriesler by Colibri ball, c. 1950, US Zone,West Germany
(more here in English & Swiss pages)
Unbranded fluid table lighter 
"Classic" semi-automatic fluid pocket lighter with unusual mechanism - plunger goes down diagonally leaving it protruding beyond the edge of the lighter by approx. 4mm. Stamped "System Reutz Pat."
Augusta, Mylflam & Zunder were all produced by the Mylflam factory - excellent site (in German) here
Germany
misc.  .......
Ronson see here
Mylflam for the export market - enamelled tortoiseshell-look fluid pocket lighter with Belgian tax stamp & paperwork. This mechanism was patented in 1932
Mylflam for the export market - fluid pocket lighter with 2nd French tax stamp
Lit
Splendy squeeze action with removable fluid tank,
machine engraved,
58mm tall
Gebruder Kollisch was started by Bernhard Kollisch (1852-1910) in 1873 in Nuremberg with a small factory machining primarily utensils out of brass As the company grew they upsized through various locations & also.  produced mechanical and optical toys, toy steam machines, fountain pens and mechanical pencils.After WW1 the business was taken over by his sons, Josef (1876-1958) and Karl (1873-1937), who started their lighter production, alongside producing brass & aluminium packaging for the cosmetic industry. During WW2 they produced items for the armaments industry, returning to producing lighters & cosmetics packaging after the war's end (& under the Consul brand name from 1952-1978.) After the second world war in which außschließlich was produced for the armaments industry the company concentrated upon the production of cosmetic packaging materials and lighters (from 1952 under the name Consul). For a time there was also a branch in Ireland. They also collaborated with Diplomat, Feudor (France) and Sungas (Spain)
"Consul" fluid table lighter,
c.1952